“The bright blue, 6,300-square-foot building with stone walls at 8080 Grand St. is now framed by drywall, with colorful steel beams, funky chandeliers, classic cars and four separate units.” – MLive
Plichta Business Services LLC is a 100% woman-owned and operated accounting and financial services firm, founded in Southeast Michigan in 2012, by Ashley Plichta, CPA.
8080 Grand Street
Headquarters for us and home to Erratic Ale, interior design firm Whitetail Farm, Plichta Financial Services and of course Darnell Law Offices. We started with a clean sheet of computer screen with the goal of restoring one of the last factories in downtown Dexter. The building was gutted to a shell, windows returned to their original size and glass garage doors added to give it contemporary warehouse vibe.
- l-Beam steel awnings, the real deal
- 5.5 inches of spray foam ceiling insulation
- Four units with separate high efficiency HVACs
- Huge windows for natural light
- Three glass garage doors
- Landscaped with mature trees to make it feel established
- 6,330 sq. ft.
“The Gingerbread House is a prominent fixture in downtown Dexter, located one block east towards Ann Arbor from the main intersection, and two doors down from the Fillmore Bar & Grill.”
7926 Ann Arbor Street
The former Darnell Law Offices location which now resides at 8080 Grand St. Don wanted a law office in his home town that would represent him and his clients well. The building underwent a proper restoration to return this iconic house into a landmark in the downtown district.
- Outside stripped to raw wood before paint
- Rain garden and porous concrete parking in rear
- Two conference rooms, one seats 10-12, the other 6-8 comfortably
- One foot tall baseboard trim throughout in keeping with the character of the period
- Finished walk out basement acts as additional office with bathroom
- Sound insulated main floor bathroom with loud fan because, well, ya know
- 1,400 sq. ft.
“Superfly Garage is a premier restoration shop with a focus on German and Italian classics. Currently their sweet spot is Alfa Romeo and Porsche.”
432 E. Prospect
Superfly Garage needed a full shop to take cars from tattered to flattered. This particular location in Jackson had a long history of being a detail and restoration shop that the locals knew well. The building came equipped with downdraft paint booth, offices and separate storage and mechanical areas. It, however, needed everything. The building is now a fully operational restoration facility.
- Flat roof torn completely down, new metal, 4″ of foam core insulation, highest grade white rubber roofing
- Electrical rerouted and/or upgraded
- New aluminum channel windows and front door
- New concrete parking lot and sidewalk
- New landscaping
- Upgraded fixtures in both bathrooms
- Water heater and back pressure valve brought up to code
- Office space, new drywall, A/C added
- Floors epoxied with Pro-Coat products
- 6,000 sq. ft.